FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1) Can I use Oye on an ipad?
Because a lof of our games use Flash, you will need to download the "puffin" app (it's free) from the app store before being able to use Oye on an ipad. 80% of our content will then play absolutely fine. we're working on adapting our games so that you can access 100% of our sites.
2) In the matching exercises involving pictures, the pictures are all on top of each other.
This a bug from Hot potatoes, the package we use to create the exercises. Just click on "refresh" and it should sort itself out.
3) I cannot see the crosswords.
The crosswords are written using Flash, therefore you need to download the Macromedia Flashplayer. You can do so by clicking on the icon on the bottom left-hand corner on the home page.
4) I don't seem to be able to exit the screen while in whiteboard mode.
If you click on the cross on the top right hand corner, it should be bring you back to a normal screen. If you cannot see the cross, just press ALT + F4, and it will shut any window you're in.
5) How can I download the transcript of the listening comprehensions?
When you are in an exercise using listening comprehensions, you will see the words "download transcript" in the top right-hand corner, just click on it. This option is only available to people logging in using the teacher password.
6) I don't have a Spanish keyboard and don't know how to do accents.
Go the the following page - Spanish accents - and you will find a table and easy explanations on how to produce Spanish accents.
7) What is the difference between teacher password and pupil password?
Logging in using the teacher password gives you access to extra options.
For instance : You can access your registration details (link on the left hand side menu called « my account ») and change your passwords, your contact email address or print an invoice. It also gives you access to all the transcripts of the listening comprehensions.
8) I can't hear the sounds in the listening comprehensions.
You need to download the Macromedia Flash player. You can do so by clicking on the icon on the bottom left-hand corner on the home page.